Sunday, 14 April 2013

You Are A Cinema....I Can Watch You Forever.


Practically all of us love the movies. But why Movie Towne or Cinemas 8, and not Globe or Palladium?

Do we go to Movie Towne because it's better or because it's 'Movie Towne'? Why multiplexes and not ordinary cinemas? Is this really completely our choice or partly the choice of urban society? Yea, they are located in urban centres, but so are other cinemas? Times are changing. So I guess we gotta keep up with the times.

Theory: 1. Barrett and Hall. Urban Geography (UK: Routledge, 2012), Manufactured and organic cultures, 168-170.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AyJyoiH5-k

Multiplexes are a remix on traditional cinemas. New trends are just remixes on old ones. Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid of cockroaches and mice searching out popcorn crumbs in the dark, so I like newer cinemas. :(

    More please -- you gotta analyse and incorporate the theory for us!

    ReplyDelete