Friday, 12 April 2013

Vintage vs The Next Best Thing


Ever noticed now that every other vehicle you see on the highway is an S.U.V.?

Seriously, what's up with that? Why does everyone suddenly feel the need to drive a big van and tower over the road? To think about it, I went to a drive-thru the other day and realized that the window it at the perfect height for an S.U.V. Hmmm.....So went I saw this van, mind you, this is 2nd time I saw it, I was like wow, 'Where are the Beetles? Is John Lennon back from the grave?' All jokes aside, it was really cool seeing it, and run in good condition. So let's do urban vintage, cause the next best thing is highly over-rated.

Theory: Barrett and Hall. Urban Geography (UK: Routledge, 2012), Urban images through time, 216-222.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

So let's go old school and do vintage cause the next best thing is not good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of this blog, but I want you to say more. Do the analysis for us and tell us what is in the youtube links so we have an incentive to "click".

    Love the RV.

    ReplyDelete